Saturday, July 21, 2007

Filmed today!

Actually filmed today. It's like learning to walk as a child (at least I'll imagine it was like this since I can't remember) and actually standing against the couch. For some reason (actually many excuses - work, kids, life) I don't get to actually film anything as much as I'd like. I mean, narrative stuff. Sure, I could walk outside and film my yard or the woods or traffic and play with my camera, but that's like jerking off. Satisfying for the time being, but unfulfilling in the long run. But today I met a couple of aspiring filmmakers who I'm participating in the 48 hour film project with. We filmed a little teaser for their site. A western spoof. Filmed it in Java for about an hour. Was great working with people. Funny. I'm shy. Not a great attribute for a filmmaker, but it's the reason I turned to writing in the first place. But being shy, I've always been aprehensive about the collaberative nature of filmmaking, but actually working with people has been the best part of this whole initiation. I've found that filmmaking brings me out, and the rush of working on a common project and having input and taking input from other artists is a blast. It's the part I most feared, but the part I most enjoy. Great discovery.

No comments: