Monday, July 30, 2007

48 Hour Film Festival

Just got back from the 48 film festival in Richmond. We didn't make it in time. Made a great film. And that's why I went. I learned so much there. So much that I'm too tired to right it all. But I've made a huge step. I've made a film. I worked with a team of 20 and we developed a story, cast it, rehearsed it, I worked with actors to get them comfortable with their lines, we found locations, solved problems, and shot some killer scenes - all with a shotgun deadline in our face. I know I'm on my way.

2 comments:

japhy99 said...

Hey man, welcome to the blogosphere! Good to see you out here, and I promise to read your script soon. I'd better do it soon, because after the baby, there'll be no reading or writing or sleeping for a while. Also can't wait to see your film -- when's the screening?

greg said...

Hey

Found you off David's blog. I remember coming in your place back when I was producing a show with Dave... Great place... good food... I don't drink coffee... so I am a bit stymied there... but love the atmosphere.

Sounds like you're jumping in. Careful though... film is like crack. Its a great ride - but you often face bankruptcy on a daily basis... :)

Good luck...